Susie Burrell's blog has moved to http://www.susieburrell.com.au. Head there now for all the latest updates, mobile friendly templates, search tools and more.





Sunday, March 29, 2009

You are not the only one who wants to lose 5kgs.....

You may be somewhat relieved to hear that weight loss is hard for everyone, even if you are a dietitian. This weekend I have been reluctantly forced to admit that somewhere between the ages of 30 and 31 I have managed to gain a very unattractive tyre of fat around my middle that has never been there before.

Now, my delusional brain likes to believe that this addition to my body is a result of finally admitting that my body does not like running at all and swapping this extremely effective method of training to the more relaxed walk has caused this gradual, insipid weight gain - as opposed to my rational brain which tells me that the tyre could in fact be the result of much cheese, champagne, chocolate shared with SG; who coincidentally also has been complaining about her new found tyre or possibly it is the evil chicken liver pate from Fratelli which I cannot get enough of.

Whatever the reason, I now have just 3 weeks to rid myself of this repulsive excess in time for the FILEX conference, in which I have to get up and lecture in front of hundreds of lean, fit and generally intimidating fitness leaders.

So, for the next 3 weeks, like you know you need to, I too will be swapping my dinner of Pinot and pate for fish and salad and riding that horrible exercise bike after dinner as I try and distract my mind from the pain with tacky television series like In Treatment and Entourage.

So you can all breathe a sigh of relief, it happens to the best of us and yes it is awful:)