Susie Burrell's blog has moved to http://www.susieburrell.com.au. Head there now for all the latest updates, mobile friendly templates, search tools and more.





Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cmon Macca's

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that McDonald's have been advertising their new "snack" range and "frozen Coke" menu options right before the school holidays. After months and much money has been spent developing a new Happy Meal, and Deli Choice low fat menu options, the company giant has reverted to plugging the far less nutritious options just in time for Christmas

Now, don't get me wrong, I am no diet purist and accept that we all eat fast food at times, in fact I would be lying if I said I did not enjoy fast food but having it available and aggressively marketing it is another story.

So, if you are interested, no the new Macca's chicken range are not particularly healthy choices, nor should fast food be considered a snack at any time - in fact, most of us do not need to snack at all. And no, frozen coke is not a great idea either, for children or for adults.

C'mon Macca's, you can do better than that.